ORGANISATION/COMPANYLINKS Foundation - Leading Innovation and Knowledge for Society
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsEngineering › Computer engineeringPhysics › Mathematical physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/04/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Torino
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE06/05/2020
The Business Model Innovation Area promotes the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals with a dual focus on business models and technology. In particular, the investigation activity is aimed at clarifying how new business models can be associated with the introduction of exponential technologies such as blockchain and artificial intelligence for the generation of competitive advantage and positive impact on society. The Area adopts an interdisciplinary and ecosystemic approach leveraging openness, complementarity and cross fertilization for the generation of value for private actors and for society at large. The team is composed of industrial, IT, cinema and materials engineers, as well as economists. Furthermore, 30% of the team holds a PhD, an experience that contributed to provide depth to domain-specific skills and to strengthen methodological approaches. During almost twenty years of activity, the research group has built an internationally recognized reputation in terms of strategic support to innovation management, impact assessment of public policies and data exploitation through intelligent agents.
Job offer description:
The LINKS foundation is looking for a candidate passionate about shaping the future of society through the development of next generation DLT-based applications leveraging decentralization, digital scarcity and radical transparency. Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT) underpinning the crypto assets have the potential to empower communities, spur innovative business models and transform existing supply chains.
The candidate will have a significant role in influencing the group’s overall research agenda by helping address key research questions, contributing to develop our toolkits, testing ideas, and apply the best practices that enable a successful porting of this research into innovation projects. S/he will apply her/his skills in a dynamic team that aims to have a pivotal role in applying cutting-edge best practices in different industries.
- Research and implement novel approaches to make improvements from state of the art approaches
- Participate in the design, development, evaluation and deployment of decentralized solutions
- Participate in project delivery and in meetings to support the team’s efforts
- Co-tutoring of master students and interns
- Develop cooperation and lead collaboration with our industrial partner
MSc or PhD in Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Physics of Complex Systems or related technical disciplines
MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related technical disciplines
- Problem solving and "hacker" attitude to new technologies
- Excellent depth and breadth of knowledge in blockchain fundamentals
- Knowledge of Linux and shell scripting and fundamentals of cryptography
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fluent in written/spoken English
- Previous experience in working with Ethereum, Eos and Hyperledger
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience of research or innovative project development
Complementary & Soft Skills
- Proactivity and personal initiative
- Ability to adapt to international, intercultural and multidisciplinary environments
- Keen interest for the dissemination of research findings
- Humble and lean habits: the right answer is more important than being right
- Type of contract: fixed-term full-time
- Duration: 36 months
- Workplace: LINKS Foundation (Turin - Italy)
EURAXESS offer ID: 508422
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.