RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/06/2020 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Klosterneuburg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Ibáñez group develops novel functional nanomaterials using precisely designed nanocrystals as building blocks and investigates their properties as function of their finely tunable nano-features. In this way, they are able to create a new generation of complex materials in which components and functionalities can be defined in a predictable way. Beyond fundamental studies in nanocrystal synthesis, surface chemistry and assembly, the group also aims to provide high-efficiency cost-effective thermoelectric materials. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Laboratory maintenance, reposition and control of consumables and equipment
- Document and database management, elaboration of “Standard Operating Procedures”
- Support managing gas system, cryogenics and deionized water system
- Maintenance and calibration of the laboratory equipment
- Implementation of new setups, prototypes and equipment. Give technical support to the experimental setups especially for new researchers
- Assistance and managing internal and external users of laboratory infrastructure. Functional testing and results reporting
- Education in Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or equivalent
- Previous documented experience in managing laboratory services in the fields of electricity, electronics, energy, chemical- or mechanical manufacture (gas, deionized water, cryogenics, resource management, storage of chemicals, waste management, etc.)
- Experience in management of security systems in laboratories as well as in laboratory resources organizations
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical Characterization techniques and related ones plus computer and electronics knowledge will be appreciated
- Ability to design and implement new add-ons needed for experimental set-ups
- Excellent command of German and English (verbal and written)
Please note that this position is limited for 24 months (extension t.b.d.). We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,000 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information including your rights as a data subject please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt; travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to: email@example.com
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentGERMAN: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 509743
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.