ORGANISATION/COMPANYHelmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Reference No. EE 2020/26
The Institute Solar Fuels is looking for
PhD Student (f/m/d) in (Physical) Chemistry for Photo-Electrocatalytic CO2 Conversion
Thesis Topic and Tasks
Thesis topic: "Photo-Electrocatalytic CO2 Conversion with Nanostructured Thin Films"
The student is expected to:
- Synthesize nanostructured thin film electrocatalysts with glancing angle sputter deposition and nanosphere lithography
- Explore the use of plasmonic effects to enhance catalytic conversions
- Design and build small integrated (photo)electrochemical / "Fischer-Tropsch" reactors for CO2 conversion
- Perform structural, optical, (photo)electrochemical, and product analysis studies
- Completed Master's degree in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or Materials Science
- Strong background in electrochemistry and thin film synthesis and characterization
- Affinity with optical techniques, heterogeneous catalysis, and reactor design
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
Please upload the following documents with your application:
Fixed term contract for 36 months. Payment is made in accordance with the collective agreement for public service (TVöD-Bund).
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.
Prof. Dr. Roel van de Krol
+49 30 8062 - 43035
Closing Date: 31.07.2020
EURAXESS offer ID: 541461
Posting organisation offer ID: hzb_stellenangebot:1245E
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.