RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/10/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Project is carried out within the program Merging Programmable DNA Nanorobots and Microfluidics for Orientationally Controlled Delivery of Membrane Proteins to Protocells programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
The successful candidate will join a project that aims to use knowledge gained from designing and building novel DNA-based nanomachines and apply it to design production and testing of a novel vaccine platform effective against SARS-CoV-2.
Maximum period of contract agreement: 24 months
Key responsibilities include:
Assist in day-to day experiments, including design, production and purification of DNA and protein nanostructures, connecting them to other biological macromolecules.
Preparation of samples for structural analysis e.g. Cryo-EM
Data collection, biochemical and structural characterization of the resulting structures.
Excellent training: in our diverse group you will be able to network with international researchers, and be exposed to a wide range of skills and techniques such as DNA origami design, enzyme biochemistry, structural biology, protein design, Cryo-EM etc.
Gross gross salary maximum 72 000 PLN per year, gross salary maximum 60 000 PLN per year.
Please submit the following documents to Malopolska Centre of Biotechnology office, Cracow ul. Gronostajowa 7A, room 3/12 or electronically via email: email@example.com, applications should be marked “Team-Tech1R” (documents in English):
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter stating why you are interested in the position
- Personal questionnaire,
- Copy of degree certificates
- List of publications (including journal name and page numbers), if applicable
- Information regarding classes taught by a candidate, if applicable,
- Two references from previous employers or mentors.
- Statement declaring that Jagiellonian University will be the basic place of employment in the case of being employed in the competition procedure.
- Declaration on acknowledging and accepting the rules and regulations concerning intellectual property management and commercialisation in force at the Jagiellonian University.
- Information regarding personal data processing.
Statement forms can be downloaded from here:
Jagiellonian University does not provide housing.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalentChemistry: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Possess an undergraduate degree in biochemistry, biological chemistry, molecular biology, structural biology or related areas.
- Have experience in at least one of protein biochemistry, lipid chemistry; DNA nanotechnology.
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Have good skills of work management and experimental record keeping.
- Able to work across disciplines and be willing to gain expertise in new areas.
- Able to work collaboratively.
Experience in structural biology techniques and TEM and/or atomic Force microscopy of biological macromolecules (including DNA origami) would be welcome.
EURAXESS offer ID: 559639
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.