ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Nuclear Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Cracow
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
Keywords: solid state physics, quantum mechanical computations, many body systems
Candidates should have the academic title of professor or the academic title of habilitated doctor. Research experience in the field of solid state physics is required, in particular in numerical quantum-mechanical computations and phenomenological modelling of many-body systems. Moreover, they should demonstrate the ability to obtain financing through competitions and experience in the implementation of research projects. Candidates should demonstrate ongoing research activity.
Envisaged Job Starting Date: 4Q 2020
full-time position, no teaching obligations - only research,
annual leave 36 days,
well equipped facilities, the tools required for research: computer
farms and cloud computing infrastructure, software, servers, etc.
work in active an inspiring environment; an active seminar program,
the possibility for close collaborations with other research institutes,
access to world-class experts,
parking, localisation (airport),
from day one enhanced maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and four weeks paid paternity partner leave
All the applications will be reviewed by 3-member committee, and upon the final decision all the applicants will be informed about the results
For any question please contact prof. dr hab. Piotr Zielinski -
The applications should contain:
- declaration of participation in the competition 11/2020/Pi,
- CV containing information concerning career path, list of publications together with impact factor, list of conference speeches, awards and other academic achievements,
- form for candidate https://www.ifj.edu.pl/en/career/job-offers/
- recommendation letters or other documents confirming that a candidate meets essential requirements specified in the competition advertisement,
- academic plans related to the employment at the Institute,
- copies of the documents confirming the candidate’s formal entitlements for applying for the post specified in the competition advertisement
The applications may also contain additional information useful for the candidate’s qualification and academic achievements assessment.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Nuclear Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 559647
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.