ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology PAS
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciences › ZootechnicsBiological sciences › Biological engineeringBiological sciences › Laboratory animal scienceBiological sciences › ZoologyMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Jastrzebiec
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec
opens competition for the positions of Assistant professor / Adjunct
(Polish “adiunkt”) in the following areas: Biotechnology / Biomedicine
based on the (Legal basis: Section 91(5) of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws) No.96, item 619) and Act on the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws), item 1668, the Statute of the IGiHZ PAN, and the Regulations of Competition Procedure in Employment for Scientific Position in the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences of 2 March 2020.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IGAB PAS) in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw is seeking for scientists with expertise and hands-on experience in biotechnology / biomedicine including animal model studies.
As a Researcher in the IGAB PAS, you will:
- Be responsible for the planning and experimental design of all research activities associated with your project role.
- Effectively communicate your conclusions and recommendations to the team, utilize literature and patent searches, as well as connecting with your colleagues to learn new skills and/or seek collaborators to meet project needs.
- Contribute to the pipeline of new ideas, gain understanding of the overall project strategy and how your deliverables contribute to our project goals.
- Exemplify the IGAB PAS values, including scientific integrity and teamwork.
We can offer:
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonuses for high IF publications.
- Animal facilities (mice, rats, rabbits, sheep, goats, cattle).
- Modern laboratory equipment.
- Strong institutional support in grant application
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences has the HR Excellence in Research logo awarded by the European Commission to institutions which implement rules of the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers"
The scientific biography should have the following information: Personal data / Education: years of study, university name, field of study, academic degree / Professional career: years of work, place of employment, function performed / numerical list of scientific achievements, with the number of citations and the Hirsch index / list of published, original research papers - full bibliographic data, / list of research projects, financed from external sources, / scientific self-report; with the main scientific interests / information on the number of reviews of scientific papers, / declaration on completing a foreign research internship , / Stays abroad, participation in conferences , / Scientific cooperation with foreign countries , / Prizes and awards of national and international rank / Scholarships / Participation in training - date, topic, organizational unit / Didactic and organizational achievements, / Knowledge of foreign languages / Skills / Other
The whole documentation should be submitted to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw, Postępu 36A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka; during working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., by post or please send scans of all the documents by email: email@example.com
Publication date: Sept. 18th, 2020
Deadline for application: Oct. 30th, 2020
Interview on-line - candidates will be notified of the date of the interview individually.
The Institute reserves the right to contact only candidates who meet the requirements described in the competition announcement and who submit a set of documents listed in the Annex to the Rules of the Procedure for Competitions when hiring for scientific positions.
The final decision shall be made by Dec. 1st, 2020
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- PhD degree in either: Biology, Genetics, Animal Science, Chemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology or related discipline.
- Broad knowledge of selected area with demonstrable experience in laboratory techniques
- Publications from the JCR list - (minimum 3 papers if 1 year or less has elapsed since obtaining the doctoral degree). The candidate's achievements will be assessed by the Scientific Staff Development Committee
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a very good ability to work in a team.
Detailed information on the requirements for candidates for the position at the link: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-rules-of-procedure1-eng
- Strong organizational skills.
- Leadership/participation in externally funded projects.
- Good experience in international cooperation.
The candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
- letter of application,
- scientific biography
- personal questionnaire (template on the web site: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-pers-inf-form-word word; https://tinyurl.com/ighz-pers-inf-form-pdf pdf),
- a copy of a doctoral degree diploma,
- certificate confirming knowledge of English (in the absence of a certificate, knowledge of English will be checked during an interview).
EURAXESS offer ID: 559705
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.