ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology PAS
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Laboratory animal scienceBiological sciences › Nutritional sciencesBiological sciences › OtherBiological sciences › ZoologyChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Molecular chemistryMedical sciences › Veterinary medicine
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Jastrzebiec
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2021
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Director of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec
opens competition for the positions of Associate Professor/ Full Professor
in the following areas: Molecular Genetics / Molecular Biology / Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics
based on the (Legal basis: Section 91(5) of the Act on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws) No.96, item 619) and Act on the Law on Higher Education and Science of 20 July 2018 (Dz.U. (Journal of Laws), item 1668, the Statute of the IGiHZ PAN, and the Regulations of Competition Procedure in Employment for Scientific Position in the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences of 2 March 2020.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IGAB PAS) in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw is seeking for scientists with expertise and hands-on experience in Molecular Genetics / Molecular Biology / Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics
We can offer:
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonuses for publishing in reputable high IF magazines.
- Possibility to form a research team.
- Base for animal experiments.
- Modern laboratory infrastructure.
- Large institutional support in the preparation of grant applications.
The Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences has the HR Excellence in Research logo awarded by the European Commission to institutions which implement rules of the "European Charter for Researchers" and the "Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers".
The scientific biography should have the following information: Personal data / Education: years of study, university name, field of study, academic degree / Professional career: years of work, place of employment, function performed / numerical list of scientific achievements, with the number of citations and the Hirsch index / list of published, original research papers - full bibliographic data, / list (title, authors and full bibliographic data) of the 5 most important papers / list of research projects, financed from external sources, in which the candidate performed or performs the functions of project manager or contractor - duration years, title, financing unit, / scientific self-report; with the main scientific interests as keywords, / information on the number of reviews of scientific papers, / declaration on completing a foreign research internship - country, research unit, topic of cooperation, / Stays abroad, participation in conferences , / Scientific cooperation with foreign countries (foreign research unit, form of cooperation, scope, achievements), / Prizes and awards of national and international rank (year of award) / Scholarships (year of award, financing unit)/ /Participation in training - date, topic, organizational unit / Didactic and organizational achievements, / Knowledge of foreign languages / Skills / Other
The whole documentation should be submitted to the secretariat of the Institute of Genetics and Animal Biotechnology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Jastrzębiec n/Warsaw, Postępu 36A Street, 05-552 Magdalenka; during working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., by post or please send scans of all the documents by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: Sept. 18th, 2020
Deadline for application: Oct. 30th, 2020
Interview on-line - candidates will be notified of the date of the interview individually.
The Institute reserves the right to contact only candidates who meet the requirements described in the competition announcement and who submit a set of documents listed in the Annex to the Rules of the Procedure for Competitions when hiring for scientific positions.
The final decision shall be made by Dec. 1st, 2020
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Candidates applying for the position should meet the following criteria:
1. Degree of habilitated doctor in agricultural, biological, medical, veterinary or related sciences, and for candidates for full professors, the title of professor is required (with the exception indicated in Chapter 8, Art. 89. 1. Acts on the Polish Academy of Sciences of 30 April 2010 (Journal of Laws No. 96 item 619) ); the requirement does not apply to persons who have obtained a doctoral degree in a foreign unit, provided that they meet all the requirements contained in the Regulations for employment for the position of an institute professor or professor.
2. Have specific research interests supported by:
• scientific achievements including original creative works, in particular publications in journals awarded by Journal Citation Reports;
• high values of scientific indicators: Hirsch index and the number of citations;
3. Have documented experience in the above scope of research;
4. Direct or participate (in the past or currently) in a research project financed from external sources obtained through a competitive procedure;
5. To complete a scientific internship abroad;
6. Have experience and the ability to lead / be a research team leader;
7. Identify yourself with organizational (organization of scientific conferences) and didactic achievements (e.g. to be a doctoral supervisor or to supervise doctoral students)
8. Actively participate in the scientific and organizational life of the scientific community.
1. Outstanding organizational skills;
2. Reliability and timeliness;
3. Very good teamwork abilities;
- detailed requirements presented in the Employment Regulations and the Annex to the Regulations, link: https://tinyurl.com/ighz-rules-of-procedure1-eng
Candidates entering the competition are asked to submit the following documents:
EURAXESS offer ID: 559710
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.