ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Stavanger
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Marketing
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › STAVANGER
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
About the position
The University of Stavanger invites applicants for an Associate Professor in marketing at the University of Stavanger Business School, Department of innovation, management and marketing.
The subject area for the position is marketing. The employee will strengthen the faculty's research and teaching activity within marketing strategy, with an emphasis on analytical (theoretical) modeling.
As an Associate Professor, you will primarily teach and supervise students at bachelor's, Master’s and PhD level within the subject area, conduct research and disseminate research results within relevant research areas at the department, and contribute to the development of partnerships with businesses.
The development/use of digital and diverse learning methods, innovation, value creation based on results from research, and academic development work, will be included in the position.
The general job description gives a more detailed account of the subject area and relevant duties for associate professors.
We are seeking an associate professor with a PhD in marketing.
Applicants should have:
- a strong research background (including strong quantitative skills) as well as the ability and desire to conduct high quality research
- a proven track record of research published in top-tier marketing journals (level 4 or higher, rated in the Academic Journal Guide published by the Association of Business Schools)
- relevant teaching experience in marketing at all levels and proof of excellent performance (e.g., student evaluations)
Priority will be given to candidates who have a proven record of publishing research in top-tier marketing journals (level 4 or higher, rated in the Academic Journal Guide published by the Association of Business Schools) within several of the following research areas: product strategy, innovation strategy, advertising strategy, and promotion strategy. The chosen candidate must possess strong quantitative skills.
You must be able to document pedagogical and didactic skills relating to higher education, and basic skills in planning, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision. If you do not meet the competence requirement you must complete a university pedagogy course within a period of two years of the appointment start date. The course will be provided by the university.
The working and teaching languages are English and Norwegian. You must demonstrate good command of both oral and written English at the start of the appointment. If you do not have a good command of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language, you must acquire Norwegian language skills equivalent to level B2 within a period of three years from the appointment start date. If required, you will be offered a Norwegian course paid for by the university.
The following attributes are also desirable
- ability to involve and engage students in teaching, where the course objectives, content and assessments are closely interlinked
- interest in the development of varied learning methods and digital tools in teaching
- research results published in recognized international and Norwegian publication outlets, and references indicating progression in research and publications
- ability to initiate, obtain external funding for, drive forward and carry out research and development projects
- ability to build and nurture networks - regionally, nationally and internationally
- experience with innovation and commercialization of research
- ability to manage a heavy workload, inquisitiveness and motivation to develop new knowledge in collaboration with others good
- teamwork, communication skills, and ability to contribute to a constructive working environment
- excellent working conditions and facilitation of competence development
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organization
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure.
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi.
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.510, code 1011, NOK 704.900 - 883.100 gross per year. A higher salary may be considered in special cases.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits.
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the company sports club
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- Home-job-home, discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme in event of moving to Norway, including support and language courses for spouses
Your application will be assessed by an expert committee. In the expert assessment, emphasis will be placed on submitted scientific works and documented teaching competence. The committe will also assess your experience with popularisation/dissemination activities, university administration, and any other documented qualifications relevant to the position.
If you do not satisfy key parts of the qualification requirements, you may have your application rejected before applications are submitted to the expert committee for assessment.
Based on the expert committee's statement, unless already completed, relevant applicants will be invited to an interview and a presentation/trial lecture before any recommendations are made.
The university aims to recruit more women into associate professor positions; thus, if several applicants are considered to have equal qualifications, a woman will be given priority over a man.
It is a prerequisite that the appointee obtains a residence which enables him or her to be present at/available to the academic community during ordinary working hours.
The position has been announced in both Norwegian and English. In the case of differences of meaning between the texts, the Norwegian text takes precedence.
More information about the position can be obtained from Professor Kenneth Wathne, telephone +4797483315, email firstname.lastname@example.org or from department head Espen Olsen telephone +4751831678, email email@example.com.
Information about the appointment procedures can be obtained from HR adviser Kirsten Sikveland, telephone +4751833701, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for the position online via the “Apply for the position” link on this page. Here you can submit your application and CV with relevant education and experience.
The following documents must be uploaded as attachments to your application in separate files:
- relevant certificates and references.
- complete list of scientific work
- up to 10 works which document your teaching and educational competence; see Guidelines for the Assessment of Teaching Skills.
- up to 10 scientific works which are pivotal to your research output, including your PhD thesis
- documentation of other relevant activities concerning the position requirements
The documentation must be available in either a Scandinavian language or in English. If the total size of the attachments exceeds 30 MB, they must be compressed before upload. Information and documentation to be taken into account in the assessment must be submitted within the application dealine.
Please note that information on applicants may be published even if the applicant has requested not to be included in the official list of applicants - see Section 25 of the Freedom of Information Act.
UiS only considers applications and attachments registered in JobbNorge.
UiS - challenge the well-known and explore the unknown
The University of Stavanger (UiS) has about 12,000 students and 1,800 employees. The University is located in the third largest urban region in Norway, with a dynamic labor market and exciting cultural and leisure activities. We are the only Norwegian member of the European Consortium of Innovative Universities. The university has high ambitions. We will be a driving force in the development of knowledge in the region, and an international research university with an emphasis on innovation. Together with our staff and students, we will challenge the well-known and explore the unknown.
The University of Stavanger Business School carries out research and offers study programs across all areas of business.
The study options include bachelor programs in Business Administration, Accounting & Auditing, and Law. The school also offers master programs in Business Administration, Accounting & Auditing, and Executive MBA, as well as research education (PhD). Centre of Innovation Research and Center for Entrepreneurship are both part of the business school. There are currently 80 employees and 1,200 students at the school.
The UiS Business School is organized in three departments; Department of Innovation, Leadership and Marketing, Department of Accounting and Law and Department of Economics and Finance.
EURAXESS offer ID: 559840
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.