ORGANISATION/COMPANYSilesian University of Technology, Faculty of Energy and Environmental Engineering
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Thermal engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE07/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Gliwice
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
Persons, who meet the requirements specified in the Act of 20 July 2018 on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668, as amended) and the Statute of the Silesian University of Technology of 3 June, 2019 (Legal Monitor of SUT of 2020, item 339) may enter the competition for the position of an assistant professor,
- estimated work commencement date: 1.12.2020,
- workplace and type of contract: Department of Thermal Technology, Contract of Employment ( full time time),
- period of employment: from 01.12.2020 to 30.09.2023,
- implementation of tasks under the NSC “Non-invasive in-vivo assessment of local stiffness of human artery walls” (ENTHRAL) project.
- Building of a phantom to measure distension of elastic tube under periodic pressure resulting from internal liquid flow. (selection of flowmeters, pressure transducers, National Instrument modules for rig control and data acquisition, etc.)
- Writing in-house application in LabView for controlling the operational parameters of the rig and data acquisition (at the level of FPGA and real-time due to high frequency signals expected at the rig)
- Co supervision of two PhD students working on Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI) and inverse techniques
- Drafting research papers and relevant reports
The University offers:
- Work contract up to 34 months.
- Gross year salary up to 100 000 PLN (recent exchange rate approx. 4.4 PLN/€).
- Work in international project consortium composed of SUT, NTNU Trondheim an a Polish Hospital
- Additional income possible within the motivation policy of the Silesian University of Technology, eg., publication of one paper in a high impact factor journal would bring an additional yearly income between 18 000 and 120 000 PLN to the team of coauthors (depending on the journal rank).
- Position with 100% focus on research (no teaching obligations)
Prospects for professional development:
- Participation in courses organized at the university, programming (Python, Ansys)
- Participation in scientific workshops
- Development of the ability lead a small research group
- Development in the field of applying for national as well as international funds
- Application for employment
- Copy of the master and PhD degree diploma
- Personal questionnaire
- Candidate's CV in English
- Motivation letter in English
- Documents that confirm the candidate's fulfilment of the above-mentioned requirements, in the form of diplomas, references, scientific articles, conference presentations, publications in popular science and industry magazines.
- Statement on active knowledge of a modern foreign language
The application must be submitted:
documents, in electronic form, should be submitted to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com until the day 7.10.2020, The competition may be extended until a suitable candidate who fulfils all requirements will be found.
Candidates will be notified of the results of the competition within 60 days of its settlement.
Planned starting date of employment: 01.12.2020.
Candidates negatively evaluated by the selection committee or not selected for employment have the right to appeal against the results of the competition. The appeal shall be submitted to the Dean within 7 days from the date of notification.
Incomplete or late offers will not be considered.
Please be informed that we will contact only with the candidates that meet formal requirements.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Holds PhD in mechanical, electrical, biomedical engineering or chemical engineering or related fields (for degrees obtained outside Poland one must comply with regulations described in: https://nawa.gov.pl/en/recognition/recognition-for-professional-purposes/degrees-obtained-in-other-countries )
- Has solid knowledge and documented experience in experimental techniques of measuring displacements/strain, flowrate and pressures
- Has experience in setting up automatic measuring systems, measurement data acquisition and data processing
- Possesses basic knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and Fluid Structure Interaction (FSI)
- Has good presentation skills (ideally having presented at least one paper at international conference)
- Has experience in writing technical texts (papers, reports)
- Has high motivation to develop his/her research career
- Good knowledge of English (min. B2)
- Practical knowledge of LabView confirmed by references or participations within research projects
- Ability to write and edit scientific papers confirmed by at least 5 publications from the JCR list.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a high performance team
EURAXESS offer ID: 559845
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.