ORGANISATION/COMPANYCENTRO DE INVESTIGACIÓN ECOLÓGICA Y APLICACIONES FORESTALES
RESEARCH FIELDEnvironmental science › Ecology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/09/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès)
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2020
CREAF is seeking for a research technician, to work full-time on the LIFE19 CCM/ES/001199 LIFE NIEBLAS project (“Reforestation & Climate Change Mitigation: tests, evaluation and transfer of innovative methods based on fog collection”), financed by the European Union and for the PEDRERES, with ref.90003, on abandoned extractive activities in Catalonia, financed by Departament de Territori i Sostenibilitat of Generalitat de Catalunya. This contract is envisaged to start in October 2020.
- Develop protocols and indicators for monitoring restorations
- Field work
- Data analysis
- Present the work in scientific conferences
- Organize and assist to networking activities, seminars and meetings
- Write and prepare scientific papers
- Project management
The selection process is led by the Research Project team, and will be overseen by the Management Office and the Human Resources Area of CREAF. This process consists of:
1. Admission of candidates: applicants must submit a résumé, a cover letter (maximum 500 words) and the questionnaire attached to the offer (filled), by e-mail to email@example.com, until 28 september 2020, indicating the reference code of the offer. Applications referred to another portal, other than CREAF job openings section and the instructions included in this, will not be accepted.
2. Pre-selection: determination of compliance with the minimum requirements of the offer.
3. Selection: assessment of the preselected candidates by scoring based on objective criteria.
4. Final decision: in case of finding the suitable person, the election will be formally communicated to him/her, and the identification of the chosen person will be published on CREAF job openings section.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEnvironmental science: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- PhD degree in Ecology
- Contrasted experience in managing and executing LIFE projects
- Contrasted experience in managing and executing restoration projects
- Experience in arid land restoration
- Experience in mine restoration and monitoring
- Experience in UAS use for restoration monitoring
- Contrasted experience in writing scientific papers in the field of restoration ecology, waste management, tecnosols and mines
- Advanced level of oral and written English
- Availability to travel abroad
- Driving license
- Fluency in exposing ideas and discussing in public
- Team work capability
- Experience in managing R&D projects
- Proven excellent level of Catalan
- Fluency in other European languages
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at CENTRO DE INVESTIGACIÓN ECOLÓGICA Y APLICACIONES FORESTALES
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 559846
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.