ORGANISATION/COMPANYLuxembourg Institute of Health
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 18:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Strassen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The candidate will work as an Engineer in the National Cytometry Platform (NCP). He will mainly be responsible for 1/ Developing single cell assays that will be used in the framework of the Transversal Translational Medicine initiative; 2/Validate and standardize the procedures according to high standard of quality; 3/ Develop innovative data-analysis pipelines in collaboration with the Head of the platform; 4/Collaborate with the National Cytometry team to support the user of the flow cytometry platform.
- Determine the needs of the TTM initiative and the departments in terms of single-cell monitoring
- Develop standardized operative procedures making use of the single-cell technologies available at the NCP
- Evaluate and troubleshoot problems relative to the application of the protocols to the research projects
- Apply the SOPs to the research projects of the TTM initiative
- Develop and apply innovative data-analysis pipelines
- Help the NCP team to run the platform to the maximum efficiency
- Endorse the ISO9001 quality management system
- Keep updated with the latest relevant developments in the field of cytometry
- Be independent in performing the above-mentioned tasks
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master/Engineer Diploma or higher in Biotechnology, Biology, Biomedical sciences, etc.
- Practicalexperience of several years in two or more of the following areas: flowcytometry, mass cytometry, imaging cytometry, cell sorting, antibodiescoupling, and immunology.
- Previous experience with at least two of these software packages: Diva, FlowJo, ModFit, Infinicyt, FCAP,Cytobank, Ideas, Prism, and Tableau Desktop.
- Self-driven, motivation, service-oriented, sense of initiative, ability to work independently and meet responsibilities without continuous supervision
- Good verbal communication skills and being able to interact successfully with a broad range of individuals
- Languages skills: fluent command of English, knowledge of another language of the European Union is an asset.
Applications including a cover letter and a full curriculum vitae should be sent by 15 November 2020 through our website www.lih.lu/jobs. Ref.: VD/EFC1020/AC/TTM
EURAXESS offer ID: 569604
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.