ORGANISATION/COMPANYOsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Administrative sciencesEconomics › Business economics
RESEARCHER PROFILELeading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/03/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › Oslo
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
Oslo Business School is looking for an excellent applied economist with a strong profile in empirical methods holding a doctoral degree to hire as associate professor. The person must be able to teach at both bachelor and master levels. It is important that the person contribute to the School’s research and teaching development through active participation in our academic environment.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Teaching and supervision at Bachelor's and Master’s level
- Active contribution to the development of high-quality education
- Initiate and carry out high quality academic research
- Disseminating research results to academic communities, and to society in general
- Academic-administrative tasks
The ranking of qualified applicants is based on scientific merits, but teaching experience is also important together with personal qualities and suitability for the position. We only consider recent publications (last five years) and the potential for future publications of high quality research in applied economics. The person we hire should fit the profile of our bachelor and master programs. We encourage women to apply.
- hold a PhD in economics
- have published in recognized international journals and/or document your potential for future publications
- have good teaching skills
Good oral and written presentation skills in English are required. Applicants who do not have sufficient knowledge of Scandinavian must have acquired Norwegian knowledge corresponding to level B2 within three years of commencement. Norwegian language courses are offered at OsloMet.
General criteria for appointments to academic positions are covered by the Regulations for appointment and promotion to academic posts.
The School will test pedagogical skills in connection with a personal interview. Candidates who have no relevant qualifications in pedagogy at the time of appointment must commit themselves to complete OsloMet’s program for basic pedagogical competence (15 ECTS credits) within two years.
The following will be an advantage:
- experience with research networks and externally funded projects
- proficiency in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language
- teaching and supervision experience at different degree levels
- capability in communicating and cooperating with students and colleagues
- personal qualities that contribute positively to the working environment
It is important for OsloMet to reflect the population of our region, and all qualified candidates are welcome to apply. We make active endeavours to further develop OsloMet as an inclusive workplace and to adapt the workplace if required. If there are periods where you have not been in work, under education or in training, you are also welcome to apply.
- an exciting job opportunity at Norway’s third largest university
- tenured position
- participation in a dynamic professional environment and unique academic community
- participation in research groups
- opportunities for academic development in a professional research environment
- interaction with a diverse student group
- loan and pension arrangements through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- beneficial welfare schemes and a wide range of sports and cultural offers
- free Norwegian language classes to employees
- working location in downtown Oslo with multiple cultural offers
The position is remunerated in accordance with the Basic Collective Agreement for the Civil Service and OsloMet’s salary policy for position code 1011 associate professor. The salary is NOK 535 200 – 694 400 per year. A higher salary may be considered for particularly well-qualified applicants.
If you want to apply for the position you must do so electronically through our recruitment system. You must upload the following documents with the application within the application deadline:
- Application letter including a research statement
- CV, certificates and all aspects of diplomas
- Complete publication list
- Up to 5 scientific works or working papers from the past five years
- Reference letters and teaching evaluations
We only process applications sent via our electronic recruitment system and all documents must be uploaded for your application to be processed. The documents must be in either English or a Scandinavian language. Translations must be authorised. Originals must be presented if you are invited for an interview. OsloMet performs document checks in order to give you as a candidate a proper evaluation and ensure fair competition. If you have documents that cannot be uploaded electronically, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be reviewed by the School and applicants who do not meet the formal qualification requirements will not be proceed to further assessment. After a preliminary screening process, qualified applicants will be assessed by an expert committee. All applicants will be notified whether they are being passed to assessment by the expert committee or not.
OsloMet has adhered to the principles in the DORA declaration and obliged the institution to follow the recommendations in this declaration.
For more information about the position, contact:
- Head of Section Fredrik Wulfsberg, email@example.com (+47) 67 23 80 87
- Head of Oslo Business School Jørgen Modalsli, (+47) 412 70 978
Deadline for application: 14.03.2021
EURAXESS offer ID: 608603
Posting organisation offer ID: 154813
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.