ORGANISATION/COMPANYHelmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/07/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
Area of research:
Reference No. EE 2020/25
The Institute Solar Fuels is looking for
PhD Student (f/m/d) in Chemistry for Development of Nanostructured Catalysts for Electrochemical CO2 Reduction
Thesis Topic and Tasks
Thesis topic: "Nanostructured catalysts for electrochemical CO2 reduction"
The student is expected to:
- Synthesize CO2 reduction catalysts based on metallic nanoparticles and carbon-based materials with Ni, Fe, or Co as active centers
- Investigate catalyst performance using gas diffusion electrodes
- Perform structural, electrochemical, and product analysis studies
- Integrate catalysts with PV tandem cells made by project partners
- Completed Master's degree in Chemistry or Physical Chemistry
- Strong background in electrochemistry and materials synthesis and characterization
- Affinity with heterogeneous catalysis, nanoparticle synthesis, and electrochemical reactor design
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
Please upload the following documents with your application:
Fixed term contract for 36 months. Payment is made in accordance with the collective agreement for public service (TVöD-Bund).
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.
Prof. Dr. Roel van de Krol
+49 30 8062 - 43035
Closing Date: 31.07.2020
EURAXESS offer ID: 541462
Posting organisation offer ID: hzb_stellenangebot:1258E
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.