ORGANISATION/COMPANYLuxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/11/2020 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Esch-Belval
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
In order to strengthen its excellence in research and technology, the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) has recently put in place a Director Office, within the Materials Research and Technology department (MRT) under the direction of the department director. The Director Office team provides day-to-day project management support for the researchers of the MRT department.
Within the MRT department, the main duties of the Project Management - Business Partner are to:
- Support the Principal Investigators (PI) in the submission and management of their research projects;
- Reduce project risks in terms of administrative and financial management;
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of project management methods, procedures and tools in order to guarantee their success.
The Project Management - Business Partner is the privileged partner of the PI in all aspects related to project management.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Director Office, his/her main duties are to:
- Participate in the preparation of project submissions and monitor actions;
- Organize kick-off meetings;
- Put in place project documentation;
- Monitor the progress of the projects and provide the necessary administrative support;
- Process and respond to the information requests of the PI;
- Organize and prepare the steering committees;
- Collect the necessary information for the billing, account closing, statements and reports addressed to the funding sources;
- Update information systems;
- Organize the closing and archiving of projects;
- Collect feedback;
- Participate in project audits;
- Interact with other support staff according to needs.
The Project Management - Business Partner also contributes to:
- The implementation and application of new procedures and project management tools;
- The fulfilment of the collective objectives of the Director Office;
- The identification of the specific needs of the PI and the definition of solutions, in close collaboration with the other LIST services.
- Hold a higher education degree in management, administration or in a technical or scientific area;
- Have at least 5 years’ professional experience in project management;
- Have completed training in project management techniques, methods and tools;
- Have some experience in the submission and management of European projects;
- Be familiar with:
- The research environment,
- The rules of the various research funding agencies,
- The forms of intellectual property protection;
- Have good knowledge of standard office software;
- Possess strong organizational and coordination skills;
- Be meticulous;
- Provide a customer-oriented service;
- Be adaptable, reactive and attentive;
- Be able to advise, share information and report back;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a good team player;
- Successfully manage stressful situations, have a positive attitude to deal with them;
- Have excellent knowledge of written and spoken French and English.
EURAXESS offer ID: 569213
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.